Since the rain closed the stage at ComFest, and Alice didn’t get to tell the crowd what the generous ComFest grant money does for Friends of the Ravines, we decided to make a little video to thank ComFest. Here, Alice Waldhauer thanks ComFest and explains that their grant money supports the continued publication of our newsletter, Ravinia.
Greetings from the FOR Board Retreat!
On Saturday, June 20th, all active members of the FOR board met at the Battelle Darby Creek Nature Center to brainstorm ideas for the next few years. With the help of the incomparable Kim Stanz, the board developed new ideas for ravine stewardship, fundraising, and membership rewards. Keep an eye out for news about the following projects over the next few months:
- New & Improved Membership Benefits
- A Revised Website with Updated Content
- Calls to Action for Ravine & Neighborhood Advocacy
- Increased Fundraising Efforts – and Opportunities to Give
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Exciting New Community Partnerships
- Compact & Accessible Stewardship Information
- A Map of Central Ohio Ravines
In the meantime, “Like” us on Facebook or contact us at friendsoftheravines (at) gmail (dot) com to learn more. You can also pick up a current issue of Ravinia at the Whetstone Library, Lucky’s Market, Weiland’s Market, and other Central Ohio locations.